Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

I've never made a tasty zucchini bread. The recipes I've tried usually come out with too much baking soda taste. I tried this one from Our Best Bites today. It is heavenly. It makes two loaves- I used one to pay for piano and one is all but 1/4 gone. I don't even think it's all the way cool yet. I may need to make another batch tonight to send in lunches tomorrow. This is a 3 thumbs up recipe for sure!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Mix together and set aside:
2 C flour
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
6 T unsweetened cocoa powder

Beat in bowl with mixer:
1/2 C canola oil
1 C sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
3 eggs
2 t vanilla (cut to 1 tsp to make up for the vanilla yogurt)
1/2 C sour cream (I may have not had sour cream and used vanilla yogurt instead..)
3 C grated zucchini
3/4 C mini chocolate chips (I used regular sized chocolate chips and it's still tasty).

Add dry ingredients. My batter was really thin (I think it's because my zucchini was a bit watery) so I added an extra 1/2 cup of flour.

Pour into two pans (sprayed with flour baking spray and then wipe down the top 1/2 inch of sides so you don't get a 'lip') and then top with:

Topping:
2 T brown sugar
2 T white sugar
1/2 t cinnamon

Bake at 350 for 45ish minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.

No comments: